Vitax Slug Gone 3.5ltr Wool Pellets
Produced from wool and supplied in pellets, this is a natural, organic way to keep slugs and snails away from plants and is suitable for organic gardens. Simply lay the pellets on top of the compost in pots and planters, then water.
Natural, organic wool pellets for the deterrent of slugs and snails
Slug Gone is the natural, organic way to keep slugs and snails away from plants. Popular amongst environmentally-conscious and organic gardeners, Slug Gone is 100% natural and derived from British wool.
Slug Gone is applied to the soil below the plant to create a irritating, absorbant mat that works as a natural slug repellant. It prevents slugs and snails from reaching the plant, whilst adding nutrients to the soil and locking in moisture.
- Biodegradable, contains naturally occurring slow release nutrients to help feed plants
- Its minute fibres form a mat which is an irritant to slugs and absorbs moisture from the slug’s foot
- Improves water retention.
Containing naturally occurring nutrients, Slug Gone consists of a biodegradable protein fibre which releases nitrogen, potassium, sulphur and other trace elements essential for plant growth.
To deter slugs and other gastropods, simply lay the pellets around the stems of plants. For best results, add Slug Gone in a 10cm radius around the plant, then add water to cause the fibres to bond.
The swollen wool pellets form a felt which makes it difficult for slugs to travel across. The wool pellet mat also contains abrasive particles which irritate the slug’s foot, physically deterring the slug and creating a 100% natural barrier.
For best results, apply Slug Gone as a 10cm band around the plant and ensure there are no gaps. To prevent slugs reaching the plants ensure no leaves or stems overhang the pot’s perimeter, stand next to containers which do not have Slug Gone protection, or place next to walls where slugs can drop onto the plant.
Safe to use around children and pets, Slug Gone can also be used to protect against cabbage root fly.
- Naturally deters gastropods such as slugs and snails
- Creates a self-felting mulch
- Helps prevent weeds
- Soaks up and holds water; great to combine with soils and composts
- Biodegrades in 6 to 14 months whilst delivering organic nutrients
- Contributes as a water retainer and soil improver
- A natural mulch and soil conditioner
- Protects and enriches soil
- Perfect for flower beds, container pots and hanging baskets