Christmas Grotto Terms & Conditions
After working with the local council and the recent government announcement it is positive that we will be able to open our grotto, we are just awaiting final clarification on a couple of necessary changes being made in our grotto.
We really hope to see our lovely customers being able to attend this event especially the children but we have to be absolutely sure you, your family, our staff and of course Santa and Mrs Clause are kept safe throughout your visit.
We thank you for your continued support and patience.
If you are a family of more than 4, you will need to book 2 time slots and you will be required to enter to see Santa & Mrs Claus in 2 groups, as the rule of 6 applies.
Santa’s Grotto at Silica Lodge Garden Centre
Booking information & Terms & Conditions
When purchasing grotto tickets you must accept the booking conditions at checkout.
We are still operating our Santa’s Grotto this year although it will be slightly different to what you will be used to from us. We still have all the amazing displays with a memorable visit to see Santa and Mrs Claus but there will be a few necessary restrictions as per the guidance*
*Santa and Mrs Claus will be wearing visors; we will aim to still make this as magical as we possibly can for you and your family. (Santa will now be behind a screen)
*Face coverings must be worn indoors by anyone aged 11 years +.
*We are not running the train this year; it will be a walk around grotto. This is to comply with the social distancing rules and reduce the touch contact points for you.
*There will be 2m markers placed throughout the grotto for your convenience to help with social distancing, we ask that you abide by the social distancing rules throughout your visit to the Grotto.
* Each session is for a maximum of 4 guests. Maximum group size per visit is 4 guests and must include at least 1 adult, if you are a family of more than 4 you will need to book separate sessions. We apologise for this, but the rule of 6 applies and this includes Mr & Mrs Claus.
*Please arrive at your allocated time slot, you will not be able to access the grotto if you arrive late and refunds will not be made for this. We will endeavor to fit you in on a later slot if there is suitable availability.
*Any touch points will be sanitised between sessions.
*Maximum allocated time in with Santa is 5 minutes per family, this includes choosing your present.
*2 bookings will be allocated within a 20-minute time slot.
*We may need to alter or change your booking if we are advised by the government of any changes, so we reserve the right to do this.
*Refunds will only be given if we must close the Grotto or Garden Centre due to guidance given.
*We will offer an alternative date if available or a credit note to use for the year after if you wish to change your mind on attending this year.
*If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 then please do not attend.
We do hope you will join us and we will all be here to make your visit as memorable and of course safe as is possible.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help.
Please note additional requirements below when visiting Santa’s grotto
- Santa will now be behind a screen and so will not be wearing a mask, as he is behind the screen, this may limit your ability to take photos of him.
- Please weather appropriate, as the grotto will be the same as the outside temperature. Part of the conditions of opening are a good air flow around the grotto therefore we must keep the doors open at each end, this means it will be colder than normal.
- Please ensure you arrive no more than 5 minutes before your booked slot
- Please do not be late for your slot, we will not be able to let you in after your time slot. We can try and fit you in on another slot if available, but if this is not available you will not receive a refund back for your tickets.
- Your walk around the Grotto needs to be a maximum of 10 minutes
- Please keep in your group and keep moving, adhering to the 2m markers on the floor at all times
- Your visit to Santa needs to be a maximum of 5 minutes (which includes choosing a gift)
- Unfortunately, the children will not be able to pick their own gift from the shelves, it will be placed on the table by Mrs Clause, for them to collect.
- If for any reason the grotto has to close due to further Covid-19 regulations/advice, you will receive a refund for your tickets purchased.
On entry to the grotto please sanitise your hands then give your name and booking number to the elf at the entrance and show your booking email.
We must reiterate, that if you, anyone in your household or that you have been in contact with displays symptoms of Covid-19 please do not attend the Grotto. We will try where possible to rearrange your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the grotto and hope you have a truly magical time.
Best wishes from all the Team at Silica Lodge Garden Centre